Our Favorite Recipes
Enjoy some of our favorite recipes from the Well-Spring kitchens. We are constantly cooking up something great at Well-Spring. We invite you to come and see all that our community has to offer. To learn more, click here.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ½ lb bacon cooked and diced
- ½ cup raisins, craisins or dried cherries
- ½ cup Toasted Pecan Pieces
- ½ cup red onion diced small
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup Marzetti’s or preferred coleslaw dressing
Directions: Cut bacon into half-inch pieces and sauté in a fry pan until crisp. Drain and hold on paper towel. Cut the broccoli florets into bite-size pieces and place in a mixing bowl with all other ingredients. Add dressing and mix well. Allow to chill and serve.
Robins Best Vinaigrette Cole Slaw
- 1 Head of fine shredded cabbage
- 3-4 fine cut julienne carrots
- 1 each fine cut julienne red, yellow and green peppers
- 1- fine cut julienne white onion
- 3-4 ribs of celery cut thin across the rib
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley flake
- 1/2 Tbsp. Celery seed
Mix all these ingredients together well before you dress.
- 2/3 of a cup white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/2 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- A pinch of dry dill or basil – your choice
Mix all in a bowl well and pour over the vegetable mix to marinate in the refrigerator.
George’s Easy Gazpacho
Ingredients – Makes 8 cups
- 1 green bell pepper diced small
- 1 Jalapeno – carefully diced and seeded
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced small
- 1 Small onion diced or green pencil onions chopped
- 1 Garlic clove smashed and chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato diced
- ½ bunch of Cilantro washed and chopped fine
- 8 oz. tomato juice Plus 8 oz. V-8
- Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, sprinkle to taste
After Chopping all vegetables, place in a bowl and pour juice over the vegetables. Add a pinch of cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. Allow to chill for several hours or overnight before serving. Garnish with ripe cantaloupe.
Adam’s Creamy Dreamy Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 Graham Tart Shell
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ¾ cups on confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ cup cool whip or whipped topping
- Chocolate syrup to blend and top
Directions: Blend the cream cheese in a mixer on low to medium to create a smooth consistency. Add confectioner’s sugar, then blend in peanut butter, chocolate sauce and milk. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and blend. Fold in the whipped topping by hand or on slow with paddle attachment. Spoon into a 9-inch graham cracker pie shell. Dot with topping and drizzle with chocolate. Freeze overnight. Slice frozen and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.