Our Favorite Recipes
Enjoy some of Chef Agron’s favorite recipes. He is constantly cooking up something great at Well-Spring. We invite you to come and see all that our community has to offer. To learn more, click here.
Mediterranean Quiche with Sundried Tomato, Feta Cheese and Spinach Quiche
- 1 precooked 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- 3 large eggs
- ½ pint of heavy cream or ½ and ½
- ½ cup of feta grated or cubed small
- 2 oz. hydrated sundried tomatoes
- 1 oz of sauteed fine diced red onion
- 3 oz Fresh spinach sauteed, drained and chopped
- Pinch of nutmeg, pinch of salt
Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees and partially cook your pie shell for 10 minutes to lightly brown. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then add the heavy cream and mix together well. Fold in all the rest of the ingredients and stir. Using a ladle, ladle the mixture into the pie shell getting the ingredients and wet mix evenly distributed. May use a fork to slightly stir. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until the quiche is firm in the center and golden brown.
Braised Pork Chops with Summer and Fall Vegetables
- 4 Bone-in Rib Chops or your preference, cut 1-inch thick
- Flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves smashed and chopped
- 1 large diced onion
- 2 peppers any color – 1 inch cubed
- 1 medium size eggplant cut in 1 inch cubes
- A mixture of 2-3 medium size squash
- 1 medium box of Button mushrooms
- Fresh garden tomatoes or canned diced or plum tomatoes
- A mixture of fresh (or dry) thyme, basil and oregano
- Rice or a hearty pasta like rotini
Heat a large fry pan with olive or vegetable oil. Dredge your pork chops in the flour, covering all sides. Lightly brown and place in a deep-sided Pyrex dish. In the same pan, sautee the onion and garlic in olive oil. Add the remaining cut vegetables and herbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, tossing lightly, bringing the flavors together but not cooking through. Pour the vegetable mixture over the pork chops and cover with saran wrap and foil to create a good seal. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 25 minutes and shut off oven while you make your rice or pasta. When ready, remove pork chops and place on platter. Spoon vegetables over rice or pasta to serve.
- 2 quarts of Homemade tomato basil pasta sauce or your favorite jarred sauce. I like Michaels from Brooklyn Ny.
- 2-3 Fresh eggplant peeled
- Plain breadcrumbs that you season or pre-seasoned.
- Dry Italian Herbs, Dry Parsley
- 1 cup of Flour
- 3 eggs x 2 = 6 eggs
- Seasoned flour
- 2 lbs. Ricotta Cheese
- 1 pound of whole milk mozzarella grated
- Parmesan Cheese
- Filling – Beat 3 eggs. Add ricotta cheese, ¾ lb. shredded mozzarella, ¼ tsp. dry parsley, ¼ tsp granulated garlic and mix with a spatula. Add a little milk if it is too thick, however, mix should soft and not runny.
- Breading – First, beat eggs and mix with an almost equal part of water. Next season breadcrumbs with salt and pepper, granulated garlic, and dry Italian herbs. Place both the flour and breadcrumbs in separate pie pans. After peeling the eggplant, you may cut in rounds for individual servings or long way through the eggplant for a casserole style. Either way, cut at least ½ inch thick. Dip eggplant in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and lay to the side.
- Frying – lightly fry the eggplant cutlets in canola or olive oil blend until golden brown on both sides.
- Assemble eggplant by placing sauce in a casserole dish first, followed by an eggplant cutlet, followed by the cheese mixture, then another eggplant and sauce over the top. Once you have assembled the eggplant, sprinkle with more mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered with saran and foil in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Lemon Chess Pie
Makes 1 9-inch pie
- 1 oz of cornmeal
- 1 oz of all purpose flour
- 2 oz melted butter
- 1 and a ½ cup of sugar
- 5 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz milk
- 6 eggs
- Pinch of salt
Whisk cornmeal, flour, and sugar together. Add melted butter, lemon juice and milk mix well. Add eggs, mixing by hand until the eggs are well incorporated. Pour into a 9-inch pie crust and bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on depth of pie shell) until golden brown and jelled. Cool completely before wrapping.